How the fuck should I know?

Rainbows, unicorns, customers, clients, ponies, dicks, shit like that. Stickman comics where Grant's character always wears a dress.

Friday, October 5, 2012

It is Debatable

de·bate/diˈbāt/

Noun:
A formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

Verb:
Argue about (a subject), esp. in a formal manner.

 

driv·el/ˈdrivəl/

Noun:
Silly nonsense: "don't talk such drivel!".

Verb:
Talk nonsense: "he was driveling on about the glory days".

Synonyms:
noun.  nonsense - slobber - slaver - piffle
verb.  drool - dribble - slobber

 

What I and many people around the world witnessed in the first Presidential Debate, and I use that term loosely, (insert 5 kid vagina joke here) was not a debate it was drivel.

Debates have rules, a question and answer format, cross questioning and rebuttal.  What I saw was tangentially related pandering.  My favorite part happened right at the beginning and set the tone for the entire debate. 

"Mr. Romney do you have a question for President Obama?"  "Why yes, I do." Cue three minutes of Romney babbling about his plans, while giving no details and asking no questions.

This type of exchange continued to occur.  Headlines the next day?  Romney Wins Debate.  Poor Showing for Obama.  Not one newspaper or TV news show has mentioned that it wasn't a debate, it was a cheesedick and a shithead pandering generalities.  Not one person wins with debates like these, in fact, we all lose.

Fantastic I tell you, democracy in action right there.

Seriously, fuck the cheesedick and the shit head.


And yes, that is a picture of a picture I drew because I forgot my mouse and Gimp/LibreDraw are tough as hell with a trackpad.  And I have next to no artistic talent to begin with.

Also, that is the correct cue.  Not queue or anything fancy like that.  Plain old cue.

The cheesedick and the shit head are interchangeable.  I envisioned Romney as the cheesedick, but feel free to take your pick.

In addition, the original picture will be auctioned off.  The proceeds will keep my liver soaked in gin.  To place a bid please send a picture of the front and back of your credit card, along with the billing zip code and amount you wish to bid.  I reserve the right to increase your bid if I think you are dicking me around.


Note: Please do not do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment